debate not argue
- How to make it happen?
Do you also sometimes wonder, why we find it so hard to debate constructively about common issues in our society, any why we often choose to distrust rather than search for mutual understanding?
This is one of the questions that we are asking ourselves in the Erasmus+ project Debate not Argue and that we are going to address with our conference:
“Debate not Argue: How to make it happen?”
which will take place
afternoon of 17th November – evening 18th November 2023 in Goethe-Institut Dresden.
We would like to invite you to the event, so save the date!
During the time we’ll spend together, you will experience various interactive workshops, have the chance to improve your ability to communicate in a constructive and non-violent way, learn about good practice and current trends in media education, find new ideas and inspiration for your work, network with other people and share your own ideas.
More concretely, you can look forward to:
- various interactive workshops about communication: about non-violent communication, communication in motion, debating and social media campaigns,
- workshops on media literacy: good practice examples from media education in Czech Republic, Germany and northern Europe,
- two panel discussions addressing two important questions: How to face disinformation and foster media literacy? How to communicate, so that I understand others and am understood by them?,
- an experimental collaborative process of creating educational materials together with other participants,
- a speed dating session for exchange of experience and networking,
- and other activities in which you will not be a passive listener, but rather an active part of them.
Is this something you find enriching and inspiring? Then come to our conference! If you are a teacher, educator, social/youth worker, journalist, academic, or simply someone what works with people and is interested and motivated to learn, this is the event for you.
The language of the conference will be English.
CLICK HERE for the complete programme
The registration to the conference is now closed. However, we still have some free places. If you are interested in participating, just come to the venue and write us an email that you are coming.
Organizing your travel and accommodation is up to you. However, it is possible to apply for having the costs covered afterwards. After you fill in the registration form, we will reach out to you asking if you want to have your travel and accommodation reimbursed. If so, please, make sure to keep your travel tickets and hotel invoice for that purpose and send them to us after the conference. The final amount we’ll be able to reimburse will depend on the number of requests, with the maximum being 180€ per person.
During the conference, we will be active, moving and creating some art. 🙂 Make sure to wear clothes in which you feel comfortable.
Looking forward to seeing you in November!