Responsible in the sense of the GDPR: Goethe-Institut e.V., Oskar-von-Miller-Ring 18, 80333 Munich, Germany, Phone: +49 89 15921-0, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter „we“).
Contact details of data protection officers: Die Datenschutzbeauftragte, Goethe-Institut e.V., Oskar-von-Miller-Ring 18, 80333 Munich, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com
2. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Ireland Limited (Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland; “Google”) to analyse the website.
Processing the user’s personal data with the help of Google Analytics allows us to analyse the surfing behaviour of our users. An analysis of the obtained data enables us to put together information about the level of use and the functionality of the website. This helps us to constantly improve our website, its contents and its user friendliness.
The storage of Google Analytics cookies and the use of this analysis tool are subject to the corresponding consent and the data is processed exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR; the consent can be revoked at any time.
Google (Universal) Analytics uses methods that enable an analysis of your use of the website, such as cookies. The automatically collected information about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. By activating IP anonymisation on this website, the IP address is shortened before transmission within the member states of the European Union or in other Member States that are parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The anonymised IP address provided by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will in principle not be merged with other Google data. After discontinuation of the purpose and end of the use of Google Analytics by us, the data collected in this context will be deleted.
3. SOCIAL NETWORKS
Widgets from social networks are used on our website. These networks are YouTube, Instagram and SoundCloud.
In order to increase the protection of your data when visiting our website, these widgets are not fully integrated into the page. This integration ensures that when a page of our website containing such buttons is accessed, no connection is established with the servers of the provider of the respective social network.
If you click on one of the buttons, a new window of your browser opens and accesses the page of the respective service provider, where you can press the Like or Share button, for example (if necessary after entering your login data).
4. DATA SECURITY
We protect our systems against loss, destruction, access, alteration or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons through technical and organisational measures, such as the creation of the Goethe.de account or a subsequent login using SSL encryption.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTACT DETAILS
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us to the extent specified therein;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless further processing is required;
- on the exercise of freedom of expression and information;
- to fulfill a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest, or
- for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims
- the right, pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as
- the correctness of the data is denied by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it;
- we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have lodged an objection against the processing under Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible party;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal data, for information, correction, restriction of the processing or deletion of data as well as revocation of any consent given or objection to a specific use of data as well as regarding the right to data transfer, please contact our company data protection officer (see section 1).
6. RIGHT OF OBJECTION
Insofar as we process personal data as described above in order to safeguard our predominantly legitimate interests as part of a weighing of interests, you may object to this processing with effect for the future. If the processing is carried out for direct marketing purposes, you may exercise this right at any time as described above. Insofar as processing is carried out for other purposes, you are only entitled to object if there are reasons arising from your particular situation.
After exercising your right of objection, we will not process your personal data further for these purposes unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
This does not apply if the processing is carried out for the purposes of direct marketing. Then we will not further process your personal data for this purpose.